Wednesday, June 27, 2012

AHHH! I forgot.

Well, hello there, readers. It's late here in the west...and even later out on the east coast.  I randomly reminded myself that it's been a little while since I last posted, and since I'm doing anything but something productive, it'd be a good time to write.
   A couple days ago, I found out that my sister, Bridget, got into a serious accident--she was thrown off of a horse.  She is slightly injured, but considering the potential afflictions she could be facing, she is very well-off. She and I both greatly appreciate all of the love and prayers sent her way.  Hopefully she will recover as quickly as possible. Due to this small adversity, both she and Brittany will not be visiting :( But, if it is for the best, then so be it.  Along with that, my family found out that my great-grandmother passed away. I did not know her and we did not have very close relations with her. But despite all of that, it was still a sad day for my mother and her family and again we appreciate the love sent her side of the family's way especially.
    Besides all of the family "surprises" we have faced, I've been working very intently on my room.  I painted some really awesome stuff on my walls (which was the surprise for some of my friends) and I am happy to say that I finally finished, at least for now.  (Picture to follow.)  The inspiration came from a song called "L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N." which is the main piece of art on the wall.  The song has been both an anthem and a motto for myself and my best friends as we endure this great challenge. I found it more than just appropriate that I be able to look at it every single day to remind myself that everything will always be okay and this is not the end of the world.  Along with the actual title of the song there is a picture of a whale because the artist of the song is a band called Noah and The Whale. Get it? Good. The rest of the phrases are lyrics from either that same song or from other favorites, all representing something important to me.  "People wear their history like a map on their face.": this is from L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N. It's one of my favorite lines from the songs probably because it's a reminder that I'll always wear my past and I shouldn't be afraid that it will go away or that I'll forget it. It's always there. "What you don't have now will come back again.": This is from that song as well. It's there because I'm constantly needing to hear that my friends will always be my friends and I won't be alone for long. Mostly, I see that it means whatever is missing in your life will be there again at some point. Happiness, love, companionship, whatever.  "A moment, a love, a dream, a laugh, a kiss, a cry, our rights, our wrongs.": This is from "Sweet Disposition" by The Temper Trap.  I painted part of this on the side of a little box for Meg. It's one of the best things in the world simply because it describes everything I share with all of those special people in my life, it's kind of like every kind of memory in words. "I am what you see, I am not what they say.": "You'll Ask For Me by Tyler Hilton. Underneath my mirror, most likely because it makes sense. What you see is what I am. I am nothing else. A reminder to be myself maybe? Especially with having to make new friends... i don't want to change who I am just because I need new friends. They aren't worth it if they don't like me for who I've always been.  "I don't want to be how they want me to be.": "How They Want Me to Be" by Best Coast.  All the same reasons as the previous one.  Hopefully, I'll get to painting some more on the wall because I think it's really cool and it's a way to put a thousand special moments or memories in a few words so that I can be reminded of them every day.
    The last two days I've been filling out and submitting my first job applications... so boring.  So far, I've applied to Gap, Justice, and Claire's. The lady at Gymboree told me to bring back my application in August after all the college kids leave and then we'll talk.. sadly, I can't wait that long. I'll probably still take it back in case I don't like whatever job I land soon... hopefully.  I still need to apply to a lot of other places...any suggestions?
     Dana and Madison FaceTimed me this morning which was so lovely. (: I love beginning my day seeing the beautiful faces of my wonderful boofizzles back at home. They were at the beach, though, which made me SUPER JELLY! August, baby! I'm coming back to stick my toes in that sand, my face under that sun, and my feet in that ocean!!
    I finally bought a pair of Steve Madden "Laura Ingalls" boots today... and I wore them without legitimate socks. Dumbest thing ever. I think I only wore them for about 3 hours... came home, ripped them off so quickly because I felt like my feet were going to fall off, and found a very large blood stain in one of them and two extremely torn up heels. Don't think I'll be wearing those for awhile...or anything with a back for that matter. :( I really like them. They're cute.
   I finally posted pictures from my last two weeks in the Bern.  It was really depressing to look at how happy i was then... I miss everyone so much.  However, I can definitely say I don't think I would've changed anything about the last two weeks home.  It was sad to leave, but I was happy before I left.
At dinner this evening, there were 5 girls about my age sitting at a table behind us. They were giggling and having fun together. Reminded me of all the amazing outings I've had with my besties. Though I wish I still had them around to do stuff like that again, I'm still pretty content with extremely fond memories of those same kind of evenings. Hopefully I can have some of those again soon. I miss you guys. SO MUCH. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment