Sunday, June 24, 2012

I Almost Blew Away Today

I'm currently chilling on my back porch in yoga pants with an iced diet coke, a warm breeze, and a pretty incredible view. I guess the only thing that could make my current state any more comfortable would be if I had a handful of people relaxing out here with me. But, you know, there's not much I can do about that so I'm going to be content with how things are at this very moment.
    It's been pretty lovely being able to sleep in every morning until 11 without being reprimanded by parents or awaken by an overly persistent alarm clock at 6:30 every morning.  However, the past few days have been boring and monotonous. Day after day of unpacking and moving furniture and looking for misplaced items that are found in some mislabeled box on the other side of the house.  I cannot wait until we are finally moved in and this is finally over. Yesterday I started my day by called the security system guy "mom" (an accident, I swear) and lugging SO many boxes up and down stairs. The rest of the day consisted of unpacking and occasionally taking my dog outside to urinate and screaming at her for scratching the wood doors.  Last night we met my dad in Denver to go to Dave and Buster's, which was a lot of fun. I traded in my 760 tickets for a bunch of candy, then watched the Rangers/Rockies game on a big screen over a cheeseburger and sweet potato fries.  Following that madness, we went to my dad's office around 9-- he's pretty proud of it. The entire office space may only consist of about 5 separate rooms, but it's still pretty cool since he is the "site manager." There's even this room with a padlock on the door that is going to be a "restricted, authorized only" area. In the words of my father, "I can bring you guys in here because it's not restricted...YET."
   Well, I just received news from the twelve year old that the power is out. Why, I wouldn't have a clue. But, the wind is picking up and I'm holding onto my Mac Air pretty tightly before it goes up into the air....and now I'm going inside.
     Anyways, today my padre hooked up the TV and hung my curtains finally, and now I only have to hang stuff on the walls before I'm pretty much finished. I do have one last project for my room before I will post any pictures of it. Hopefully I will get to work soon and have it finished in a few days.
   I'm pretty hooked on One Tree Hill.... I watched the freakiest episode this morning.... Just thought everyone should know. Everyone should also know that I unboxed my unwatched seasons of Gilmore Girls finally and we all know what that means.... ;) My blu-ray player is calling my name as soon as the dang power comes back on... I don't really have much else to share at this point besides a ton of pictures I've been taking, so I'll post those soon! Toodaloo! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment