Wednesday, July 4, 2012

You Don't Know What A Rave Is Until You've Been There

In light of the recent absences of new posts, I'd like to begin this entry by saying I've had a wonderful past few days. I got to see family this weekend, brought my cousin Abbey home with me for a few days, and just returned from the MOST FUN AND AMAZING CONCERT EVER.
   Sunday, we drove up to Beaver Creek (where my family vacations to ski and where my grandparents have a condo) because my mom's family was in town.  I basically didn't see the adults much because I spent time wondering around town with my cousins and my brother, which was surprisingly enjoyable. I went out to lunch at the best pizza place ever with Abbey, had a fun photo shoot at a beautiful park in the mountains, and then had an amazing dinner, just the kids, at a delicious restaurant.  Then, after staying up extremely late watching One Tree Hill with Abbey (who is now addicted), I drove home and brought her with me!!! We spent today at the mall, getting lost, and attacking the most enormous Forever 21 I've ever seen. If you know me, I cannot go in that store without going through it with a fine tooth comb. Abbey didn't exactly appreciate the third time I went into the dressing room.... and only left the store with 2 shirts. :P  Then we rushed home, after getting lost again and driving behind buffoons who go 45 in a 75 WHILE IT'S SPRINKLING. We then rushed home to get ready to leave for the long-anticipated Foster The People concert.
    We got stuck in traffic... and somehow still managed to get amazing seats with a general admission ticket.  I can't even adequately describe the concert. Let me begin by saying that the venue was INCREDIBLE. Red Rocks Amphitheater, if you ever get the chance to go, is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. So gorgeous.  Kimbra opened for them... and she is phenomenal.  She will be coming back to Denver on her own headlining tour and I'm soooooo excited--I hope I get to see her again!! Mayer Hawthorne and The County... I thought were terrible prior to the concert... but, they were really awesome! A lot like Elvis Costello, if you're into that kind of that stuff. And finally... FOSTER THE PEOPLEEEE. SO. MUCH. FUN. There were drunk people and weed smokers everywhere, but I didn't care. I was jumping up and down, screaming, dancing, calling friends so they could hear their favorite songs--it was a total rave, no lie. For Meg's entertainment, there were hipsters all over the place, and a packed theatre of 10,000 people.  It was so awesome.  I used all of my phone memory and most of the battery trying to document the entire thing because I don't want to forget it... Kinda wish I had put the phone away and just enjoyed more of the concert without being behind the camera.... Our seats were incredible. I could see everything. Row 20 or so I think... I'm exhausted now... and I have no voice whatsoever.  Pictures to follow! And maybe videos!!!
   Miss everyone! <3 Hope everyone is having a fantastic summerrrrr!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment