Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Feet Hurt.

    Well, I'd love to say that I haven't posted in a while because I'm have enormous loads of fun, so much fun that I totally forgot I swore on my life I'd keep up with the blog... BUT... instead, I've been working my booty off (yes, I got a job) making moolaah to pay my parents back for the tank of gas I needed AND the PLANE TICKETS TO GET ME HOME FOR A WEEK. Yes. I am coming back to the bern for the first week in August. I'm staying with one of several families back home (the Hopkins') and if you wanna do something or just see my lovely face that you have missed ever so much ;), text me or call me of FB me, and hopefully we can arrange something.  I do know for a fact that the majority of the time I am in NC, my butt will be chilling in the sand at the beaccchhh.. So, yeah.  See you the first week in August...call me maybe?
   So, to make up for the failure of keeping you updated on life out here, it's been crazy.  As I posted previously, I had been on a serious job hunt... that was not going so well. At the point at which I had shared that info, I had probably only applied to 10-ish places... try tripling that before I actually got my first job offer. Of course I had to take it, even if it wasn't my first choice of venue... it's still a job that puts some cash in my pocket. It's a burger/custard place... I really don't love the actual job part of it, but the majority of the people working along side me are awesome. I've only been working for a week and I've already picked out my favorite managers and coworkers who love me. It's super fun, actually. We joke around, laugh, and somehow make such menial tasks entertaining.  I'm currently the favorite newbie... I'm already buddy-buddy with two of my managers, one of which asks me to stay late because she doesn't want me to leave, and the other is super appreciative of my quietness (and because I burn her CDs. (: ) The custard is so amazing... if anyone ever comes out to visit me, I can ya hook up with some free deliciousness!
    There's also this place a few minutes from my house that makes the best french toast I've ever had, and you get free pie with every meal on Wednesdays. So great.
   I honestly don't know what else there is to share....... I've been working so much lately, and then going to the dentist and doctor.. So yeah. Life isn't exactly exciting.  My grandparents are coming to visit for a week, but I'll be working a lot during their visit.. So yeah.
  OH! I went to see my new guidance counselor to set up my schedule for senior year... She doesn't like me. And the whole thing stressed me out... I can't really successfully take Latin next year and I'm BUMMED AS ALL GET OUT. I do get to take an advanced science class that combines organic chemistry, biochemistry, and astronomy... I'm kinda excited! I'm also taking a ceramics class and I joined the worship team which is supposed to uber amounts of fun. Calc AB, Brit Lit, College Writing Prep, Gov't, Women's Health & Christian Choices, General Fitness... Late starts every other week I think..... Yeah, I think I got it all. I think it'll be okay.. minus no latin. Sum tristis. :(
  I keep finding out that ALLLLL of my favorite bands are playing somewhere within minutes of my house and it repeatedly makes me extremely excited. How about a little more Kimbra, some Best Coast, followed by some Two Door Cinema Club? Yes please. Want an even legitimate reason to come out to Denver? The music scene is crazy unbelievable.
So.... I think that's about it, for now at least... MY SISTER TURNED 21 TODAY! Happy Birthday, Bridgetttttttttt(:
I'll try to do a little better with keeping this thing updated! Sorrrrrryyyy for the delay, if anyone has really been intently reading this... haha if it's not worth it, let me know... :P
LOVE YOU GUYS!!! <3 I MISS EVERYONE'S FACES!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment